Monday, August 9, 2010

Off to the Bahamas

I know its been a while since I blogged and thought I'd better get on the computer and let you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I came back from San Diego and like all other trips I have taken, I ended up really sick when I got back. In fact, I was sicker this trip than any trip I had taken. I literally slept for more than two solid days. I was unable to eat for days and today was the first day I was able to eat anything substantail since last week. And just in time, since I am in the Salt Lake City Airport awaiting the flight to Atlanta which will take us to the next stop...Bahamas!! I can't wait. This is such a dream come true. I never, ever, thought I would take a trip like this with my daughter. This disease has allowed me to take this trip but the truth be told I would choose my "old" life in a minute. The life that didn't include things like brain tumors and breast cancer, even though it wouldn't include this trip either. But since I have been gifted with this trip, I'm going to make the best of it and enjoy every minute of every day we get to be in the Bahamas.

So we are in SLC, Peyton is asleep in the chair beside me and there are screaming children everywhere. I don't know if its just me, but there seems to be more screaming kids than there used to be I don't know if families are traveling more or children are more misbehaved, but I am litereally surrounded by screaming small children and kids running around with no restraint whatsoever. I traveled a little with my kids when they were small and I remember one instance where my son was screaming and it was extenuating circumstances and I shut him up as soon as possible. I was always so worried when I traveled that my kids would disturbe the other travelers, but its like these parents don't even care, they coddle and just give them more candy or whatever they are screaming for, which explains why they are screaming to begin with! It has made for a long day.

Thanks for all the well wishes and for the prayers for me and my family. Bobbi was recognized at the most recent city council meeting in addition to her "day" in San Diego. I know today is a hard day for mom and Bobbi's family for today is their birthday. Mom is 75 today. This will be the first birthday she has celebrated alone. I can't imagine how that feels. It has to be a really empty feeling. We got to see her this morning before we left town and I wish I could spend more time with her today. But we got her a spa day at Nuveau so she'll get a little pampering for her birthday.

The plane is about to board and tomorrow we fly to Nassau. I don't know if I'll have internet access and if not, this will be the last blog for awhile. But know that I feel your prayers supporting me, and urging me on to a great trip with my daughter. One that will give us memories that will last beyond my lifetime.