Monday, August 16, 2010

The Sun is Shining!

I am actually awake before Peyton this morning which is the first time since we have been on this trip that this has happened. So, maybe I am not quite as tired as I was and I am actually going to try to have a cup of coffee this morning. I doubt my stomach can handle it, but its worth a try. I miss my coffee. I'm going to wake her up soon and we will grab some breakfast and then we are snorkling the Atlantis Ruins at noon today. I know its just a tourist trap thing but it looked fun so we signed up. I actually don't want to do it given my last snorkling experience, but Peyton still does, so we will. I may just stay on the surface and watch her snorkle, which is fine too. After we are heading over to the water slides and see what fun that has to offer. The sun is out today, it has been hiding for the last few days, so its probably going to be a good water slide and lazy river day.

I wish my stomach felt better. I woke up and it was already upset which has been my only complaint this whole trip. If my stomach would feel better and I could enjoy meals it would be perfect. My energy level has been okay, not great, but okay, enough for what we are doing, but the upset stomach is just taking its toll on me. I just want to lay in bed and curl up in a ball and hope that it goes away. But this is the one and only trip to the Bahamas that I am going to get with my daughter so I am going to make it count the best I can and perservere through the discomfort. I have a couple of bites each meal and don't talk about how upset my stomach is so as not to ruin the meal or the mood, but I know Peyton knows that I don't feel good and I know it is bumming her out. We have agreed not to talk about the cancer while we are here so we just pretend its not there and talk about everything but cancer. That's fine with me, I'd love to forget about the cancer for awhile and if my stomach would stop hurting...maybe I could!!

I was thinking of my aunt this morning and it just made me cry. I was thinking of the fragility of life. One day we are here and the next we are gone and there is nothing any of us can do to change that fact. All we can do is live life the best we can while we are here and hope that we make an impact in the short time we are on this earth. Think of all those souls that have graced the earch since the beginning of time. Each one has made an impact in someway, be it large or small, they made an impact. Millions of souls, a human chain, each one some how connected to the next and if any one was missing, the chain would be forever changed. So each life is important to the next, we are all meant to be here, to impact those around us.

Go make an impact on today. Enjoy the sunshine and change the world around you.