Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Surviving.

You all have probably wondered if I have fallen off the face of the earth, but really, I’ve just been surviving. This chemo is just so hard on me that all I want to do is sleep and lay on the couch, so I listen to my body and just rest. My body is exhausted and I have absolutely no energy to do anything. The slightest little task leaves me completely wiped out; just my morning shower will require me to rest on the couch for a while before I can get my breakfast together.

But, I am surviving. And this is the last time that I have to survive this awful chemo. It makes it a little easier to get through knowing that it’s the last time. The darkness has lifted and all I see on the horizon is a beautiful rainbow of light. Light that is just waiting for me to step out and into it, light that is waiting to engulf me in its warm glow. The darkness has fled, can you believe it!? It has been chased away, hopefully never to return!

So, I just wanted to check in and let you know I am making it though, this first week is the hardest, next week will be a little better, the following week better still. By the end of the month, I should be ready to throw a party to celebrate, and I hope that you will all plan on stopping by. It will be very informal, just come when you can, but will be our time to celebrate our lives, and the joy that abounds in all of us.

Keep praying for me to make it through, and for me to stay clear. Mostly, pray for a cure for this awful disease that affects so many of us. May cancer be forever stricken from our lives.