Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Waiting for the Sickness to Pass

It still hasn’t sunk in yet that I’m clear. I lie in bed sometimes and just ponder the crazy miracle of beating a cancer in 10 months that less than 10% of people survive. I can only believe that it is the miracle of prayer and the circle of positive energy and prayer that has been created by this blog and the word of mouth of my friends sharing my status with other friends. I know that I have been prayed for as far away as Australia and in most church denominations from Christian to Jewish to Mormon to Buddhist. Every single prayer has circled around the universe creating positive healing energy towards my cancer. I have no other explanation. I am living proof of the power of prayer.

I don’t think I’ll realize that I’m clear until this round of chemo is past. It’s hard to believe that this nightmare might be over when I am struggling through the ravages of chemo, every activity a monumental effort which leaves me flat on my back just waiting for the sickness to pass. This round has been very difficult; I guess I thought since it was the last one it might be easier or over quicker; but the truth is it’s the fourth dose of Ixempra and my body is tired.

So I rest and wait, hoping that this day and the next will pass, and I will find healing and health. Maybe by next week, the glory of the truth of this miraculous recovery will begin to hit me and I’ll be able to bask in its reality. Until then, I’ll take it one moment at a time, eventually, the sickness will pass. I have faith.