Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Say a Prayer

It was a quiet weekend. I just rested, read, watched TV with Peyton since she was sick. We finally took her to urgent care on Sunday because her throat was so raw. They said she has the “itises” and put her on a Z-pac. The whole thing took less than 20 minutes. It took longer than that to get her prescription filled on a Sunday night! I went to the Rite-Aid on 395 and they were at least an hour behind filling prescriptions so rather than drive back to my side of town I went to Big Lots and perused the shelves until they closed at 7pm and then went back to Rite Aid where the prescription still wasn’t done, so I bought a pencil and crossword puzzle book, settled in to wait…and they called my name. So I have a prescription AND a new puzzle book. Yea! I do a lot o f crossword puzzles.

Speaking of puzzles, I look back at when I started doing puzzles back in early June to try to improve my cognition and its amazing. I can whip through an easy puzzle in less than 10 minutes, harder ones taking a little longer. My brain is really coming back. If I could just get rid of the headaches…it would be great. My headaches continue to plague me and it takes me a few hours to get the headache under control and get moving in the morning.

I am having another CT and MRI tomorrow and am both excited and frightened to see the results. I am counting on them being clear and then we will do a few more treatments to make extra sure we got it all and then I will start taking my life back one step at a time. Its going to take awhile to get back to normal, as much as I want to jump right back in, I can’t make it through a day without a nap and the simple act of cleaning the kitchen will leave me exhausted and out of breath, so I think working back up to a full 8 hour workday will take awhile. But I am confident that I will get there, even if I have to crawl between steps.

I’ll let you know when I get the results. I will shoot Dr. Iuliano an email and ask him to take a look at the results as soon as he gets a chance, hopefully he is in town. The last MRI showed no change, better or worse, I would like to hear a better this time! If you get a chance, send a prayer in my direction. I know God is listening.