Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sick.

Rough day. I had my CT and MRI today and the contrast did not agree with me this time. Normally I don’t have any problems with the contrast I just cowgirl up and suck it on down with a straw. Today, not so. By the third dose my stomach was so upset that I wasn’t sure I’d get the third dose down, I did get it down, but (not to gross you out) it didn’t stay there. I was suddenly running up my stairs as fast as I could to throw it all up. I don’t know if there was any contrast left in my stomach. Thirty minutes later, I did choke down the final dose and kept it there for the test. I had my test and was feeling rather poorly by the time it was all done and came home and went straight to bed for the afternoon. I got up a few hours later and had some chicken broth, which stayed down okay. Still feeling rather puny I probably won’t do much for the rest of the day. So, unfortunately, the dogs didn’t get their walk today and they are pretty restless tonight, but I am sure they will survive and I’ll make sure they get their walk tomorrow.

The road seems to be getting rougher. I want to stay positive and chipper, but am having a hard time keeping my spirits up. I can feel the darkness of this disease creeping into the edges of my consciousness. I think it’s the constant barrage the disease wroughts against my body. My soul is at peace, whatever happens…happens. I would just like to see an end to the onslaught. The human body can only take so much and some days I feel I am nearing the end of my tolerance level. My spirit is sad and tired even as my soul stays strong. So it is my soul that I rely on to get me through the journey as my body becomes more weary.

I’ll keep you posted on the results of my scans. I am praying for a positive outcome and the chance to start regaining the vestiges of what is my life. I miss my energy and my outgoing demeanor that seem to be escaping me as of late. I easily sit and do nothing for hours at a time, praying for the nausea and pain to pass and for me to find the energy to live my life. I just remember what I said last time I fought this battle, if I put a smile on my face eventually it will reach all the way to my heart. So I smile, and push on. Waiting for the smile to spread, confident that it will.