Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Improving

I know its been a while since I blogged and for that I apologize. But it has been a rough week following the GammaKnife procedure. My headaches have been terrible and my balance and weakness has gotten the best of me. I get rides to my various appointments, then come home and sleep most of the afternoon. The exhaustion and fatigue is overwhelming and I am doing the best I can to just put one foot in front of the other. My brother and his wife were up over the weekend and it was wonderful to see them, I was just so tired I wish I could have spent more time enjoying their company. But we got to have meals together and do a little shopping, which is always our favorite pasttimes!

I continued to do my exercise class this week. I did what I could, which wasn't much, but it was better than nothing. Like I said my balance is way off, so I have to hold on to chairs and walls as I go through the movements in order to keep from falling down. Unfortunately my yoga class has been canceled, there was not enough interest to keep the class going.

I take my meds on schedule with Mike's help. For some reason I get really confused when and how much to take so Mike calls me round the clock to remind me. Even at 4am every day. The other morning I was in the bathroom at 4am plus I had my phone turned down and I look up and there he stands, in the bathroom door making sure that I was okay, which I was. He had me take my pills and was on his way and I was back asleep, barely ever awaking. What a man to take such good care of me. Between he and my parents they shuffle me around to my various appointments, Mike attends all the doctor and chemo appointments and makes sure I stay on track. Its all so overwhelming. I thank God I have him.

Dinner is almost ready, so all for now. I'll take my meds at 8pm when Mike calls me and I will be in bed by 9 or 10. I just don't have the energy to stay up very late and I count so much on that voice on the other end of the line that loves me so.

Keep praying for a good outcome. My bone scan, MRI and CT are scheduled for early May so we won't know until then how well the Gamma Knife worked. I have high hopes. And I know I don't want to do this again, but at least I know its there if I need it again.