Saturday, March 12, 2011

So tired.

I continue to get increasingly fatigued. I keep thinking that I will wake up one morning and just feel like my old self again, but it ain't happenen. The other day I slept all day, woke up for two hours and went back to sleep until the next day. Its weird. I am such an energetic person that this lack of vivacity is puzzling. My mom reminded me today all that my body has gone through in the last week, heck, the last two years, and it is probably just worn out from the barrage of chemicals and then the brain "surgery" on top of it all. I remember back over five years ago when I was having daily radiation on my breast site. By the end of 36 doses I was so tired it was overwhelming. Radiation does odd things to the body, fatigue being one of them. My friend Sherri was also doing radiation at the same time back then and I remember her calling me because she was at the store and had to make a decision and was too tired to make either a rational or irrational decision. She couldn't decide on anything. She knew I would understand. When you are doing radiation the brain simply doesn't work right. There is this fog, this mist that coats your brain and makes you unable to think clearly. I think of the high dose I received last week and I guess the incredible fatigue makes more sense when you put it all together like that. Not to mention, I have have two doses of Avastin, two doses of Tamadar and one does of Zomeda in the last two weeks. Not a minor hit to the body. So I am getting rest and waiting for it to pass. I didn't make exercise class on Thursday, my legs just wouldn't have supported me and last night we were supposed to go to a concert and Mike took one look at me and said no way, you'll never make it through the first five minutes! I had to agree, we'd get there and I'd fall asleep. It upset me, not only had he bought tickets but I thoroughly enjoy Tingstad and Rumble. They are one of my favorite duos. Oh well, they will be back, they come a couple of times per year, I'll still be around to see them again.

A friend of mine has set up a really cool thing for me to cheer me up. She put a basket by my front door and every Friday someone will surprise me with a special gift. Isn't that awesome! I look forward to what people bring me. It could be a chocolate bar or a churro, a candle or a DVD, it doesn't matter, its the not knowing what it will be and the fact that people are still thinking and praying for me after all this time, coming up on two years. I would think people would start forgetting about it, but my friends are true friends, not only have they not forgotten me, they continue to find ways to lift me up when I am down. What a gift that is. To know undeniably that I am loved, cared for and prayed for every moment of every day. I truly believe that. With all the people who stay in touch, I can't believe that a moment passes where God does not hear my name. Hopefully He will get tired of it, cure me and set me free!

I was asked about dinners again and I am considering it. Maybe just twice per week so we don't get overwhelmed. Its just Peyton and I and we can get too much food really quickly. So I will get ahold of Nicole and she may arrange some meals for me. It would be nice to not have to worry about food a few nights a week. So if you are interested in providing food, I'll be in contact with Nicole and she will set it up.

Well I am tired, so that's all for now. I still can't drive, which makes me crazy, but I still don't have good control over my right side and the strength in the right leg. I would hate to be driving down clearwater in traffic and all the sudden I lose control of my leg. I could hurt someone and for that I would not be able to forgive myself. Once I feel confident I can drive safely, I'll start making short trips to the cancer center or store. Close places with low risk of injury. Probably a few more weeks. I just want to be safe. But loosing that independence is really tough. I can't wait to get it back. Soon. Hopefully soon.

Love to you all, be kind to each other. Each other is all we got!