Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sore Arm

Its been a rough week. I can't remember if I told you this, but I fell on my face coming in the door from church Sunday. I fell so hard that the door hit the wall and the handle put a hole in it. When I did, I hit my shoulder and it has been hurting like the dickens all week. I went to the PT on Tuesday and she thinks that I probably hurt my rotator cuff and it is going to take a while to heal. In the meantime, everytime I raise my arm it causes excruitiating pain. I am putting on essential oils, peppermint, and using a heating pad to alleviate some of the discomfort. It does help a little.

It has been nice spending time with Bob and Sue and getting to know them. Sue is a sweetheart and wonderful to be around and Bob is just as I remember as a child; an overprotective big brother doting on his little sis.

The fatigue is what gets me the most. I am so incredibly tired. I could sleep forever. The other day I slept until 5:30pm and woke up totally disoriented thinking it was 5:30 in the morning, then went back to bed at 8pm and slept all the way through to the next day except when I would roll over on my shoulder and the pain would wake me up. So, although I am really tired, I am not sleeping well, it is interrupted sleep. Probably doesn't help the fatigue...

So onward I go, one day at a time trying to keep my attitude good and my heart filled with love and joy.