Friday, March 4, 2011

More Mini Seizures

I seem to be recovering except I lost control of my right side again today and collapsed on the floor in the bathroom. I went to step to the sink and my leg had been twitching so I should have known better and down I went. Then my right side went numb, my hand clenched and I couldn't straighten or use my hand, arm or leg. This happened twice yesterday only luckily I was seated so I could just move over to the bed and lay down until it passes. My arm didn't go numb yesterday it was just the uncontrollable shaking leg. The second time wasn't as bad as the first yesterday and today's was awful. I have a call into my nurse at Swedish to ask her what to do. Maybe there is more swelling than they anticipated and I need to up the amount of decadron I am taking. I'll just wait and see what the doctor says. Mom showed up right after I collapsed so she got me downstairs and into my lazyboy while it passes, which it has. Thank goodness. I just sit and wait for the next time, but pray there isn't another one!

Until then I sit and rest and I know what to do when the symptoms start. Get to a place to lay down and let it pass. Hopefully someone will call me and give me some advice as to how to keep these mini-seizures at bay.

This sort of sucks. I'll keep you posted.