Friday, March 18, 2011

Update

What is your cross to bear?


We all have our crosses to bear within our lives, burdens that seem so overwhelming that we believe there is no way we can make it through. But somehow we do, we make it through that moment, then the second and then the entire day is done; and the cross is still being dragged on your back but the burden seems slightly lighter. Thats when you realize that you are being carried on the wings of the prayers of your friends and family. They have wrapped their prayers around you like loving arms of support and carried you through the day. What a revelation it is, that God has sent His angels in human form all for you. So you could make it through the day.

That's how I feel, I feel you there holding me up, thank you for your love and security and willingness to do God's bidding. Its getting me through.

I am excited for an upcoming visitor. I have a half brother who lives in Pennsylvania who we had lost touch with who it coming to visit tomorrow. Bob and his wife Sue are flying in tomorrow and staying for a week. I am looking forward to getting to know him. Its been over 20 years, he's never even met my daughter; in fact didn't even know I had a daughter until about 5 years ago. So its going to be a gala reunion. Wish Bill could be here too, then we'd have the whole family! But they couldn't get their flights coordinated so I'll have to see them separately. But at least I get to see them! Brother Bill and Rhonda are coming back up for my birthday at the end of May, maybe Bob can find a cheap flight and come up too, what a great birthday that would be!!

I had chemo today, but they held off on the new chemo, temodar, since my platelets have dropped so low. They are down below 50, so I need to be really careful, I am at risk for bleeds and if I were to hit my head it could be catastrophic. I fell coming in the house yesterday after church. I tripped coming in the front door and landed flat on my face. I hit the door so hard that it slammed into the wall and the doorknob put a hole in the wall. So I need to be extra careful. They are going to check my platelets again on Monday and hope that they come up to a safer level. Over 100 would be great.

Tomorrow I have a facial and then I am going to try to do my exercise class. Last week I was just too tired and weak to do the class. Hopefully my energy level will increase enough for me to do a little bit. I think it is good for me.

I learned recently that my friend in Seattle who is fighting leukemia lost her husband. He was in a car accident back on 12.30 and has been in Harborview ever since. Unfortunately he lost his battle and I worry about Chris. He was her life long partner and caregiver during the battle with this heinous leukemia. But she is a strong woman, with a good support group. I have faith she can make it through.

I'll try to do better blogging. I just have been so tired that all I want to do is sleep. So I am letting my body sleep when it needs which takes most of my days! Be assured that I am okay and that I have alot of people taking care of me. I am well tended for; and with the addition of all your prayers, I'm making it through. Thanks for being an angel in my sometimes dark and dismal world. Your halos are shining bright.