Monday, December 7, 2009

Home Sweet Home

My nose stopped bleeding. Thank God. I never realized how much I appreciated breathing through my nose until I couldn’t anymore! I had a restful night last night, at least as restful as one can have when they are in the hospital, and my nurse was nice enough to wait until 4:30am to take my vitals this morning and the phlebotomist didn’t come in until 5am to take my blood. So I really got to sleep in, at least by hospital standards.

I was blessed by Angela Ball coming by this morning with a cup of Starbucks and a pumpkin scone on her way to work at 6am. Wonderful way to start my day with a visit from a dear friend and some much needed caffeine. The coffee here at the hospital leaves a lot to be desired. I was graced with a steady stream of visitors throughout the morning. I am humbled by the number of friends I have and how many people care for me and are praying for me. It the reason I keep persevering and am able to make it through this treatment as well as I have and with as good of an attitude as I have, because of the people supporting me. They keep me going and going and going, just like the energizer bunny. My friends energize me.

Dr. Rado also came to see me this morning, what a treat to see MY doctor, not some random physician that gets assigned to you at the hospital. I was scolded for not calling him on his cell phone this weekend when I started having problems, and I was firmly reminded that I am not only his patient, but I am also his friend, and I should be calling him if I need him. Duly noted. Hopefully, I won’t be in this position again! I don’t really want to go through this another time, it was miserable. Dr. Rado agreed to let me go home after I received another two units of platelets and doses of neupogen today and tomorrow.

It is so nice to be home. I got excellent care at the hospital, the nurses were amazing, but I was so ready to be in my own home with my puppies and my kitty and my daughter and my own bed. I got home about 1:30 and went straight to bed for the afternoon. I am so tired and weak and will be back to bed early this evening. My puppies were very happy to see me and were more than willing to snuggle up and take a nap with me today.

Thanks for all your prayers while I was in the hospital, without your prayers; I’d probably still be there.