Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fall is in the air!

Its a beautiful morning on the patio. Not too cold, just right for a light hat over my head and a shawl over my shoulders. I am watching puppy and kitty play and they are so incredibly entertaining. Sophie (puppy) is getting so big! She looks like her daddy, the boxer, brindle colored with long legs. So she trips over herself and tumbles down, not used to her lanky body. She is full of energy, and chases little Betsy everywhere. I worry, because she puts little kitty's entire head in her mouth, but I know that Betsy can get away if she wants and she sinks her tiny claws and teeth into Sophie pretty good too. They are a riot to watch, this little 2 pound kitty, who is never going to be very big, she is a petite little girl, and this 25 pound puppy, trying to grow into those huge paws, playing and the best of friends.

I worked too many hours again this week and was exhausted when I got home. I was lucky enough to have Kristen and Pat Fox bringing over enchiladas that were awesome, so I parked my butt in my chair and just sat for the rest of the night, resting, catching up on some programs and visiting with my daughter. She went and got us some ice cream, which my waist line REALLY needs, yeah right, and both went to bed early. I was so tired. But I got alot done at the office and feel like I'm in a position to rest the next four days and recuperate. Hard to believe labor day weekend already. I mean, where did the summer go? The early mornings already have a fall chill in the air and soon the flowers will start to whither and the leaves will start to turn. But until then, flowers around my patio are still bursting with colors and full of fragrance. The thought of raking leaves is far away in my mind and the cold and dreary days of winter are ever farther. Today, is a perfect end of summer day. I soak it all it, my senses alive with the wonder of nature. God created so much beauty, so much for us to enjoy. How can we not see His hand in all of it? I think I'll walk the dogs this morning before my appointment, since tonight I won't be feeling quite as chipper, they will enjoy it and it gets me out moving.

I am trying to walk everyday, and have succeeded most days. Even yesterday with a full day at work I walked a couple of blocks (in heels!) to lunch to meet a friend, so I got a little walk in during the day. I was going to take the dogs a little after 8 last night, and it was already dark! Another sign of the fall, darkness sure falls earlier! I'll have to adjust my evening walks a little to try to get the daylight!

I see the doctor today and am excited to hear what he has to say. I know the slightly toxic remedy is working, so its a matter of establishing our path forward. I should know how many more treatments we are going to do and will talk about what we are going to do when the treatments are done. I'll sure be glad to get the major stuff behind me and get back to my regular schedule! I have a fabulous pair of new Naughty Monkey's to wear today, thanks to Deana!! I already have my outfit all together in my mind, and despite the lack of hair and the additional weight I'm carrying, I know I'll look fabulous. Because you know, its all about the shoes. Awesome shoes can hide a multitude of sins!

Enjoy the day, its going to be a great one!