Monday, November 2, 2009

Good news, bad news.

Well, I didn’t get my all clear. But I did get some good news bad news. The good news is that my lungs look remarkably better. All the lesions that are on my lungs are reducing. They aren’t gone, but they are all getting smaller and some look to be almost gone! So, we are pretty good when it comes to the lungs.

The bad news is that there is a new lesion on my back rib. I have been having a lot of back pain and have attributed it to my kidneys working overtime because of the chemo. Apparently that was incorrect. I have a piece of cancer on my 9th rib in my back. It hurts like the dickens. I have been taking a lot of painkillers and thinking that I really wish my back would stop hurting, I guess now I now know why my back hurts so dang bad. Cancer in your bones really hurts!

So, the battle is not won….YET. I guess it was unrealistic to think that I could battle and win metastatic breast cancer in four months. But that’s okay, miracles happen, and I still plan on being one of them. It just means that I get to be in this war a little while longer. But I know that I do not walk this path alone. I have so many people walking with me. We are an army. And you all make me strong. Together, we will win this war. I have no doubt. Cancer has not met an army like I have, and cancer, you have met your match.

I’ll post again later with a little more and some of my thoughts once I have had a chance to let it all sink in...but wanted to get the information out so everyone knew what was going on.

Love you all,
Patty