Thursday, November 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Home sweet home! I was so happy to be back in my chair in front of the fireplace and sleep in my own bed with my sweet doggie at my side and my kitty by my head. The animal menagerie was awful happy to see their masters last night. The dogs stayed at my dads for the whole time we were gone. He brought them home during the day so they could hang out in their own house for a few hours and keep the kitty company and then brought them back to his house in the evening. (They aren’t spoiled or anything.) Betsy (kitty) had a very hard time being alone. She is a people puppy-cat and doesn’t like to be without her people and her puppy friends. Apparently, she got stuck on the roof when we were gone and dad had to get the ladder out to get her down. Poor baby, up there in the rain stuck on the roof! He said she was soaking wet and so sad! He thought about taking her over to his house too, but worried about her getting outside and getting eaten by a coyote. They have coyotes in the canyon behind their house.

I’m feeling okay for chemo today. I was so weak and tired yesterday morning, I thought for sure that my blood counts had completely cratered and there was no way I was getting chemo, but maybe I was just tired from the trip and the pressure of making it to all the sessions and everything going smoothly at the dinners and board meetings, everyone’s travel and hotel reservations made correctly…I was in charge of travel for 45 people, it’s a little nerve-racking making sure that everyone travels effortlessly and nothing gets booked incorrectly. I did have a two guests decide to change their flights and come in a day early without telling me, so luckily the hotel had room! It’s those types off things that really stress me out. But it is all done and over, the last few guests traveling home today. Then I get to reconcile the bill, that is always fun too. Not.

My chemo is at 9am and I’m planning on wearing the cutest little purple and black Betsey Johnson flats. Yes, flats. I’m turning over a new leaf and trying to wear comfortable shoes. I have found that with my energy level so low, that it takes more oomph to wear high heels so I am in search of the cutest flats available. Never fear, I’m not wearing those boring plain colored flats, I’m wearing fabulous flats with color and style! I figure by the time this is all done I will have the most expansive shoe collection around! I have fabulous heels in all colors and designs and now I’m moving to flats and plan on collecting them in the same manner, with taste and enthusiasm! I love shoes; they never let you down. Shoes glorious shoes! Lest you be disappointed thinking I only scored one pair of shoes in San Diego…I want to inform you that I acquired 4, yes 4 pairs of shoes in San Diego. The Betsey Johnson’s are the crowning glory of the new collection, but I was able to obtain at Charlotte Russe a pair of black flats, suede with a bow, and grey with rhinestones for a ridiculously low price and a pair of diamond encrusted pewter at Reflections, also for a great price. So I am well on my way to stocking my flat collection. Watch out world, I’m on a mission!

My bone scan is tomorrow, and like I said before, Dr. Rado is not convinced that the spot in my back is cancer and if there was no pain, he wouldn’t even be worried, but we would both rather be safe than sorry. The pain has minimized, not gone away completely and still has those moments when it can be over the top, like yesterday traveling all day really made the pain worse. I find that when I’m really tired or overworked, it hurts more, so that sounds more like a muscle strain or tear than a bone thing. So, that’s what I’m hoping for! Muscles will heal and hell of a lot faster than cancer in the bones! I have to get the radioactive dye injection at 9:30 and then go back a 1pm for the scan. I am sure when it is done we will go find a radiologist to look at the results. So say your prayers for a good outcome!

Well, back home and on schedule. I love traveling, but there is no place like home!