Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Waiting for the plane in San Diego...

I had a wonderful trip to San Diego. What a beautiful city. The weather was gorgeous, everyday sunshine and blue skies. We did some serious shopping and yes, I broke down and purchased some shoes. But instead of fabulous heels, I got some rockin’ flats. One pair from Betsey Johnson! Yeah, I’m wearing them to chemo tomorrow!

While I was in meetings yesterday mom and Peyton took the ferry over to the San Diego waterfront to see the big ships and the monuments honoring the WW II vets. Peyton got lots of pictures, it looked really cool. I am glad that she got to see something other than the inside of a mall during her trip! I know it is very hard for her to believe but there is more to San Diego than great shopping!

One of my best buds from high school, Tonya, her daughter Kami is in the marines and is stationed in San Diego. She came over last night with her absolutely beautiful little boy, Dakota, and we got to visit with them after my meeting last night. It was so awesome to catch up and see that little boy.


Today we travel. All day. We have an awful layover in Seattle and leave San Diego at 10:30 but don’t get home until 5pm. I am feeling extremely fatigued, like my blood counts have plummeted, and have such a long day ahead of me. I can feel the achiness, tightness in my chest, general malaise that I feel when my counts get low. I have tried to work, play and rest adequately on this trip, but I think that it has just taken its toll on me to travel for so many days. I am ready to be home and be in my own bed tonight. I wish I had a Star Trek transporter and could just be home now.

So pray my counts stay up so that I can get my chemo tomorrow. I am supposed to have chemo at 9am tomorrow; this is my “one more round for good measure” before my one month break. I can’t wait to take a break from chemo. Its gonna be so awesome to be off this for awhile! I will rest and start to feel better again! Yea! I have my bone scan on Friday so we’ll know more about the spot on my back that showed up in the last CT. Hopefully it will be nothing. My back hasn’t been hurting as bad, so maybe it’s just a spot on the CT coinciding with a sore muscle or something. That’s what I am hoping for! Pray for a clear bone scan!

So, signing off for now. Maybe I’ll blog again from Seattle.