Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Its here, 2011! I am confident that this year is going to see better things for me and my family. Mike and I spent the evening in, playing games and snacking, drinking champagne and sparkling cider. I was triumphant on all the games, which bodes well for the future. Starting out winning is always good, but I felt bad for Mike. I whooped him in Yahtzee then killed him in Gin. We celebrated New York New Years and I was in bed a little after 10pm only to be woke up close to midnight with my neighbors fireworks display. The dogs went ballistic, they are terrified of fireworks so I spend the next hour trying to keep them calm and assuring them that the world wasn't coming to an end and the noises would go away soon. I got back to sleep about 12:30, so I guess I got to ring in the New Year after all. Peyton woke me up when she got home and told me about her night so I got to hug her and wish her a happy new year too. All in all, it was a great night and a wonderful way to bring in 2011. I was feeling pretty good, so I was able to enjoy my time with Mike (and the dogs...).

My energy level seems to be increasing and I spent the better part of the day putting away decorations and taking down the tree. I stayed pretty busy until I joined my parents for a little football and snacks late in the afternoon. By the time I got home, the activity of the day had caught up with me and exhaustion had set in. I am going to do the best I can to stay up until at least 9pm, I sleep better if I stay up later. Otherwise I wake up at 5 or 6 in the morning and can't get back to sleep. So I thought, well, I'll blog, check email and watch a little NCIS marathon. I love NCIS.

I hope I continue to feel better. I would like to attack my basement which has become a catch all for anything we don't know what to do with. I have bags of stuff for Goodwill and things that probably need to just go to the dump. Peyton has cleaned out her closet and is taking some of her clothes to Plato's Closet and the rest will go to Goodwill. She has alot of nice clothes, so I hope someone can use them. I need to go through my clothes too, but now is not a good time since my weight has fluctuated so much I wouldn't know what size to keep and which size to get rid of! I certainly hope I never need the large sizes again, but if I were to go back on steroids I would balloon back up and need those fat clothes again. So for now, my closet will stay overstuffed, just in case.

The days just sort of flow into each other anymore. I don't work so I have a hard time keeping my days straight and my life has become a blur of random, mostly non-essential, activities. Everything revolves around how I feel, the severity of the side affects on each given day. My sinuses are so raw from the Avastin that I can't walk outside in the cold anymore, so I am considering starting to go to the gym and give the treadmill a try a few days a week. I need to get some exercise and I miss walking. I still have a membership to Hansen Park Fitness, I just hate going to a gym in my condition with all the "beautiful people" (the regular workout people who look fantastic, watching their perfect bodies in the mirrors) and me barely able to do 3-miles per hour on the treadmill. I know I make people uncomfortable with my bald head and fragile health, but I guess that is just too bad, that is their problem, not mine. The Cancer Center has a restorative yoga class on Fridays, but I have to pay for them, so I should use what I already pay for, which is the gym.

I am not one for resolutions, but this year I made an exception. My resolution is to live to see 2012. This is one I'll have to work hard for, but definitely a do-able goal! Hope your New Years was grand!