Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pray for Peyton

I'm recovering from my trip to Utah. It was a wonderful trip that really renewed my soul but exhausted my body. My flight from Seattle was delayed for three hours so I didn't get home until almost 10:30. By the time I got to bed it was almost midnight so Monday and Tuesday I napped most of the afternoons. Today I am starting to feel normal again, or as normal as I can feel given the circumstances of my life.

Peyton is having her wisdom teeth out tomorrow and I am scared for her and ask for your fervent prayers. She is very anxiety-ridden when it comes to medical or dental procedures and we have to give her ativan (anti-anxiety medication) for her to go to the dentist. They are going to put her under anesthesia but in order to do that she has to have an IV put in, and therein lies the problem. She can't take nitrous oxide to calm her down, it makes her throw up, and they won't let her take ativan because it may negatively react to the anesthesia. So, that means she has to get the IV with plain old bravery. We have talked about it and I think if they can get her on the first try, we should be okay, but if they don't, we're in trouble because I don't think they will let them try a second time. But these guys do this all the time, so they should be pros and should knock it out first try. So please pray for a peace and calmness for my daughter and a quick and painless recovery. The first few days will be the hardest, then I think she should recover relatively quickly. Her mouth is really hurting so she is ready to get them out, its just the process that scares her to death. I hate that she has to go through this. I know it is almost a rite of passage into adulthood, most people (including me) have had to had their wisdom teeth out and survived, I just hate to see my little girl hurting. I know, its a mom thing.

I was supposed to see the physical therapist tomorrow but had to cancel it so I could be there to take care of Peyton and my lymphedema is really giving me fits. My arm is so swollen it aches. I am wearing my sleeve during the day and my reid sleeve at night just like I am supposed to but I really need a therapist to work on it. I have an appointment next week, I can't wait.

I have treatment on Monday so I am nearing the end of this cycle and starting to feel so much better. I have more energy and my bones are not aching near as much as before. Which is all good, I'll have everything to pour into the care of Peyton over the weekend as she heals. She has spend the last 18 months taking care of me, its my turn to take care of her. I just hope she can get through it without an anxiety attacks. Like I said, pray for her please. I'll write and let you know how it goes!