Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another Chemo Tomorrow

Its been a few days since I posted so I'll catch you up on my happenings. I've been feeling pretty good the last few days. I took a yoga class at the cancer center on Friday. I have signed up to go every Friday. Its Restorative Yoga so the poses are easy and we mostly focus on breathing and meditation. I really enjoyed it. The teacher was great and she was very aware of the participants limitations. I also found out that Kadlec is sponsoring exercise for breast cancer patients with lymphedema on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Richland Community Center. I am signed up to go this Tuesday and I am really excited. I am hoping that light focus exercise will reduce the swelling in my arm. We just can't get the swelling to go down, even with manual therapy and consistently wearing my sleeve during the day and my reid sleeve at night. I even have some oils that are supposed to reduce swelling that I use, no luck. Nothing seems to bring the swelling down.

I went to church this morning and the service was wonderful. Monte was preaching about how God is our refuge in our times of trouble and we only need to ask Him and he will shelter us when we need His help. He then asked everyone who needed God's refuge to stand and be prayed for by the other members of the chuch who were standing around us. It felt so uplifting to know that these people were praying for me and that God IS my refuge and He's here to protect me and shelter me from this storm I am in. As I stood there and cried as my best friend held my hand and cried with me. It was a beautiful moment.

Later that afternoon Tina and I went to the local colleges theatre to see "Wilderness of Mirrors". It was a very enjoyable play, intriguing with a sad but bittersweet ending.

Then it was off to my parents to enjoy some snacks and superbowl. My team won. I'm not a fan of either team, but Green Bay is my preference so I was glad they won. Some of the ads were halarious but not as many good ads as I would have expected. I loved the Budweiser outlaw, Darth Vader and Teleflora. Those were definately my favorites.

Tomorrow is the doctor and chemo. I am not looking forward to it, but I guess every dose gets me closer to the end of treatment. So, lets get another one down. Pray it goes well and that I'm not that sick and I'm able to do my exercise classes. In the meantime I am looking to God to be my refuge; I don't think I can handle the storm much longer.