Saturday, February 12, 2011

Seizures

My life, my normalacey has completely changed. At about 5am Thursday morning I awoke with uncontrollable shaking of my right foot and lower leg. My right side was completely numb from toes, up my arm and accross my back. I tried to stand up to see if it would right itself, but intead I collapsed to the floor spraining my ankle and continuing to shake. I crawled back to bed and waited until the shaking stopped and decided to go out to my car to get my cane and enable me to walk. I made it as far as the car and on the way back in the front door I started shaking even more violently fell on my face and thought I would suffocate with my face in the carpent and a total inability to move my body or my face from the floor. I was calling for Peyton but I couldnt yell loud enought to get her attention. Thank God for my dog Kyra who knew there was something wrong and went and woke up Peyton. I can't imagine her absolute terror when she came downstairs and found her mom jerking and seizing with her face planted in the carpet. She moved quickly pulling me in the house and turning me on to my side and talking to me straight in the eyes trying to pull me back to reality. She called 911 and they were there in about 5 minutes and took me off to the hospital. Peyton followed with my box of meds so the docs would know what I was on. A few minutes in I have another full blows seizure and they gave me some antivan to bring it back down under control. The ED doc called Dr. Rado and he put me on steroids to try to keep the seizures away until we can figure out what it going on. The MRI shows that the tumor is growing again, probably resulting in the seizure. Dr. Rado wants me in to see him next week and we will decide what comes next.

All I know it this has been terrifying and I don't want to ever experience it again. I'll see my neurologist in a few weeks, she is out of town, so I am going to call Monday and see if she has anything else to add to the management of the seizures.

Mike and I had a plan to go see Legally Blonde in Spokane tomorrow, and our plan is still to go. Peyton is housesitting for the next week, so until I feel confident that I can be by myself I am going to be switching houses, Mike is staying here tonight, I stayed at my parents last night and we'll see how I am on Sunday night. I do know that if it happens again I do not get out of bed, I stay where I am and call 911. I asked Dr. Rado if the odds were good that this would happen again and he commented "it was likely." Am I scared, yes i am, scared out of my wits.

I'll keep you posted and you join me in praying that the seizures stay away and that stupid trumor shrinks. Thats the best I can think for now.

I'm off to take a nap, its been an exhausting few days. Lets pray for a rockin improvement.