Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Not good news.

I saw Dr Zhang yesterday and she did not have the technology to determine how much, if any, the tumors have grown. She increased my anti-seizure mediction in an effort to deter further seizures and I went on to see Dr. Iuliano this morning. He has the technology to put all the scans sliced exactly the same next to each other and the good news is the "new" tumor we thought was turning up next month was not. No new turmor. However the existing tumor have grown by 30-40% and are what is causing all the problems. What we think is that the cancer cells which did not get killed by the radiation have reared their ugly heads and are growing rather quickly. That is what is causing the seizures. They have put me on quite an array of medications to keep the seizures away and I sure hope they work. That was the most aweful experience. I felt so helpless and out of control.

So the news isn't good and hopefully Rado will have a better plan. I am not a candidate for gammaknife or cyberknife since the tumor is so spread out they would have to take too much of my brain to make it a viable surgery. So I am going to talk to him about uppimg my medication, hittng it harder and longer. Maybe that will work. I am determined to beat this. Whatever it takes. Pray with me and I'll keep you updated.