Friday, February 25, 2011

Spinal looks clear!

The spinal tap went well yesterday and I am finally up and around. I got a call and the preliminary results show that there are no cancer cells in the spinal fluid. We won't know until Monday for sure when the final results are in, but I'm going with the news today; no cancer in the spinal fluid! Yea! I've been staying pretty flat on my back recovering but now I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, my throat is sore and my nose is running. I am fighting a headache, which is to be expected, and taking my meds as frequently as I can.

I will have my missed dose of Avastin on Monday, Tuesday I have PT and my exercise class then we are heading to Seattle. There is a hotel at Swedish that we are going to stay at which will be really convenient, its on the 5th floor. They renovated a few rooms into hotel rooms so we will be able to just get up and go down to check in without ever leaving the building, which is great. Barring any complications I'll come home the same day.

I am going to take it relatively easy this weekend and rest up for a busy week next week. Keep the prayers coming that the procedure goes well, smooth and easy, and I am back home Wednesday evening as planned. While you're at it - pray for good weather too!