Thursday, September 23, 2010

Doing Good!

So far so good. My round of chemo went well and I am feeling pretty good. The nausea has been minimal although the headaches continue untamed. I am on so many meds now that I finally created a spreadsheet with the drug and time each day so I can stay on schedule. It’s crazy. But it’s the only way I can stay on track.

My cousin is still in the hospital; he had surgery to wire his jaw shut and has already had one surgery on his leg. I am not sure if he is going to have anymore. Monica was just released today. She is staying with family during her recuperation. We aren’t sure when Brad is getting out of the hospital. Apparently the driver was driving into the sunset and didn’t see the red light or my family in the crosswalk and just blasted right into them without even slowing down. That’s why I hate driving into the sun, this is one of my biggest fears is to have the sun in my eyes and hit some innocent people. Brad and Monica aren’t angry; they are being very understanding about it all. I believe the driver has insurance, thank goodness; Brad and Monica have a long recovery.

My parents got home from Denver late Monday night. They were ready to come home but had a great time visiting Bill and his family. They didn’t do anything really special but my dad does enjoy rubbing it in to me about going to my favorite pizza joint in the world, Beau Jo’s. It is a pizza place unique to Colorado and is nothing short of fabulous. Makes my mouth water just to think about it! A few visits ago we went to Beau Jo’s right before I left and I took the leftovers on the plane home with me. I was even nice enough to share it with my kids. Gosh I’m nice. Peyton said that if she has to stay home and take care of Lucy (mom and dad’s dog) again and there are any thunderstorms she is going to make them pay her hazard pay. Lucy is pretty neurotic and had a really hard time with her mommy gone, then when that storm hit Friday night Lucy was up all night whining and panting. Then it rained all the next night and she was afraid it was going to thunder again so she paced and panted all night. Like we keep telling my parents, they’d better outlive their dog; no one is going to be able to take their place in her world!

I am having my first cup of coffee in months! It tastes wonderful! I don’t know yet how it will settle; but my stomach feels okay so I wanted to try to enjoy my favorite morning Doma brew. Yummy. I think that is a huge indication that I’m getting better. Coffee!!

It’s a cool fall day; I have my fireplace on and am enjoying the comfort of the fire. I love moving from summer to fall, the days cooling, the mornings crisp. Life is going to get better, the coffee proves it!