Sunday, September 26, 2010

Doing Good

This has been the easiest round so far. The stomach problems have pretty much fixed themselves and as long as I stay on my pain meds the headaches are minimal, except first thing in the morning where they are raging. I may have to set an alarm and take meds in the middle of the night, it would probably help. As it is now, I take my morning meds about 7 or so and then go back to bed until my head feels good enough to arise. Usually it takes a few hours and another dose of pain meds, but once I get enough in me, and keep on track, I can stave off the pain most of the day.

My energy level has increased and I was able to do the historic home tour yesterday with Tina, which was great, and cook dinner last night. I am doing Sunday dinner for the family today which is a real treat; I can’t remember the last time I cooked Sunday dinner! I put a roast in the crock pot last night and the family is joining me at 2:00 for an early dinner before the hockey game tonight. I overdid it a bit yesterday because I was feeling good and am pretty tired today, but I am going ahead with dinner, the main course is already cooking, too late to back out now! Mom is going to come over about 1:00 and help me with the potatoes and noodles and stuff and dad and the kids will walk the dogs. Its gonna be a great dinner!! I also cooked Thursday night and last night, which has been nice to sit down with my daughter over my home cooked meal. I think she has really enjoyed it too! Mason was over Thursday and I felt so bad that he couldn’t eat with us, but his mouth is still wired shut so he is on a liquid diet and carne asada wouldn’t do well in a blender. J

I am looking forward to another good week, I just need to make sure not to overdo it when I feel good, which I have a tendency to do. I just get so excited when I finally feel good that I want to do everything! I need to learn a little restraint, which is tough to learn.

My lymphedema is back and my arm and fingers look like fat sausages. I have been wearing my big sleeve at night (at least most of the night, I usually take it off in the wee hours of the morning because it is driving me nuts) and it seems to be making it worse instead of better. I am going to try to get in with Sara this week and see if she can get the swelling down and find a way to keep it down. I do not know what is causing it to swell; it has been fine for months. For some reason I start to feel better and my arm starts to swell. I guess it’s just gotta be something!! I have learned through this last year that lymphedema is not near as bad as a lot of other maladies that I have endured, so I can deal with it.

Mike and I are going to go with my parents to see South Pacific, the Broadway musical, the first week in October up in Spokane. We are going up on the 6th and coming back on he 7th and I have my next round of chemo on the 4th, so hopefully the next round goes as good as this one is going. I am really excited, I have never seen this production live, I’ve seen the movie, but not the live version. It’s going to be a lot of fun. So I am praying this healing trend continues and I continue to tolerate the chemo well.

Things are looking up with the family, I’m feeling better, mom is starting to zip around like before she got hurt, Monica is out of the hospital and Brad should be getting out soon. So, maybe the tables are turning, I sure do hope so!