Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Some Special Events To Know About...Pass It On!

Hello my friends. I am feeling pretty good these days and was able to prepare Sunday dinner for my family, what a treat. I can’t remember the last time my family joined around my dining room table while I prepared them dinner. A great feeling, the normalcy of it all, the special time. I remember when fixing dinner was a chore and I took for granted that my family would always be around the table with me, not anymore. As I sat there and looked around, the people I love enjoying the food I prepared…don’t take that for granted, it is precious and should be treasured.

I received an email today from a lady who came across my blog and asked me to share the following information with all of you. Apparently NAPA is raising money for breast cancer and is painting a car to honor survivors and those who have lost the battle. I have all the information below. I know that I am certainly donating to get my name on the car. How cool to have my name on a NASCAR car! That is so cool!

About the program:

NAPA AUTO PARTS and NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Martin Truex, Jr., are teaming up with Susan G. Komen for the Cure to honor breast cancer victims, survivors and supporters via a special, one-of-a-kind fan-generated paint scheme featuring the names of individuals affected by breast cancer.

From now to Oct. 11, consumers can submit the names of loved ones affected by breast cancer to appear on the No. 56 NAPA Toyota by making a minimum donation of $5.60 via the NAPA Know How Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/napaknowhow). The NAPA Signature Car application allows you to enter a name and select the area of the car where you would like the dedication to appear. Your dedication will then be featured on the #56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota for the November 7th NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at Texas Motor Speedway.

With the help of fan donations, NAPA is hoping to raise at least $250,000 for Susan G. Komen for the Cure during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and to recognize more than 56,000 individuals affected by breast cancer with the custom paint scheme.

I just had some friends finish the 3-day Susan G. Komen walk in Seattle this weekend. I haven’t heard the details or how they did, but I did get a few text messages with pictures and it looks like they had a great time. On October 1st at 1pm I’ll be at Kadlec for the raising of the breast cancer flag. For the last 4 years I have been on the roof, this year that honor is going to another survivor and I am going to be down below leading the toast and cheering the flag raisers on! I can’t wait and if you can make it, be across the street from Kadlec just before 1pm.

Hope to see you there and pass on the information to all your friends. Let’s fight this disease together, it affects way too many people lives, people who dream of living their regular lives, nothing special, just do the things that all of you get to do. Never take the little things for granted, each moment is special.