Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Dream

I couldn’t believe this was happening to me. It couldn’t be real. I must be dreaming. “Wake up” I try to scream, but no sound emanates from my lips. “Wake UP” I scream again, but the sound only echoes in the confines of my head. The pressure on my chest increases and it becomes harder to breath. Stop, please stop, let me go, I plea in my head trying to telepathically relay the request to the being holding me tight. I look down on my room from the upper corner where he holds me captive. This is impossible, to be up here, suspended in the air against the wall only the force of his desire holding me there.

His eyes burn like coal. Red fire reigned down on me. His lips were pursed in a crooked line and his soul emitted a resonate evil. Darkness surrounded him. I could feel him sucking the life out of me as I struggled. The more I fought the more forceful the pressure. My voice useless, my limbs held tight, my chest being crushed under the evil forces that pushed against me.

I pushed back. With all my goodness and all my light I pushed back forcefully. You will NOT take me resonates in my mind and I lock eyes with him, unafraid. You will NOT. The corners of his lips twitch ever so slightly and his eyes flicker briefly and all the sudden the pressure is released and I’m falling, falling, falling…

Freefalling, cart wheeling through blackness, spinning, whirling no end no bottom in sight. Then, suddenly, I’m on a roller coaster, and it is tossing me to and fro, side to side, up and down. I’m surrounded by screaming people; they are joyful, hopeful, full of life. They fill my heart, the blackness falls away replaced by overwhelming light as I rise and fall through the twister called life.

I wake up. Consciousness comes swiftly and I look around my familiar surroundings. The room is empty, I am alone but the remnants of the dream remain. I wonder about its strange composition but knowing and understanding the message for which my subconscious sends. Evil may be lurking in my life, but life is a roller coaster and I might as well enjoy the ride.