Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Beauty

What a beautiful day. That fall crispness fills the air, lightening my spirit and inspiring me to take a deep breath and take in the splendor. The leaves haven’t started to change yet, but you can see they are on the brink; the color burst is just around the corner. I am looking forward to the fall colors, I love the golds of the autumn, they give me hope for new life after the darkness of winter. The fall may lead us into the cold winds, but it also leads us into the joy of the holidays and the fresh blanket of white snow.

I love the seasons. Each one unique with its own brilliance and components of inspiration. I am grateful to be here today, to be able to enjoy the changing of another season to know that I am going to see the fall and be here to enjoy the winter and, God willing, I will be here in the spring when it all comes back to life and the flowers burst forth with all their dazzling colors.

I have been feeling really good this week. My headaches continue but the nausea has been minimal and I am not near as exhausted as I have been on previous rounds. I even drank coffee this week and made dinner last night! I can’t remember the last time that I actually made dinner. It wore me out, but I did it, and Peyton and I got to sit and enjoy a homemade meal together, her favorite, carne asada. It was delicious.

So things are going well, thank goodness. Finally, feeling better and I plan on continuing the upward swing.