Monday, September 13, 2010

Getting Better, Finally

I think the worst is finally over. My stomach is still upset, but not as bad and I seem to have a little more energy today. I usually feel better in the late afternoon/evening, and that is how it is today. I finally started to perk up about an hour ago (4ish) and threw in a load of laundry, which is badly in need of being done. Just that small chore left me out of breath and tired and I had to sit down for awhile, but at least I was able to do it!!

The parentals leave for Denver tomorrow, Peyton is going to stay at the house and take care of little Lucy. She simply is unable to stay alone. That is one spoiled and neurotic dog. I love her, she is wonderful and a perfect dog for my parents, but we always joke that they better outlive her because none of us will spoil her the way they do. I know I come close spoiling my dogs as much, but not quite. Based on our puppies…we’d better all live long long lives!

Speaking of the dogs, we almost lost Sophie in Amon Creek. Dad, Houston and Jessie took the dogs for a walk down to the creek on Sunday and they, of course, got in the water like they always do. However, the water is very high right now and the two older dogs know to stay out of the current. Sophie, on the other hand, is not quite that bright and got caught in the current which carried her downstream and she couldn’t get out. Thank goodness dad noticed and Houston ran down the bank and was able to pull her out. This is where it gets sort of funny; silly dog jumped right back in. I think God forgot Sophie when he was handing out brains. Anyway, they got her out again and kept her out this time. Dogs. Gotta love them.

So things are improving slightly, of which I am eternally grateful. Hopefully, every day will get a little bit better.