Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Storm

The thunder rolled through here last night like a war train. As I lay in bed and listened to the rumble and roar I thought of my disease and that it too is like a violent and unpredictable storm. It has an inner beauty as the lightening sears the sky and a dark undertone while the storm clouds roll through without mercy. It has been an difficult yet entlightening year as I have walked through this storm. Sometimes the storm clouds have been so thick and dark that I cannot see any daylight peering through and no future on the horizon. Then the lightening will burst forth and brighten the sky and I can see my surroundings, my situation and the time is lighted with an electricity that exudes excitement and wonder leaving my surroundings clear but the future hazy and unformed. Its the unknowing that is so unsettling. Not knowing what is going to happen when the clouds clear and the storm is over; where will I be standing then? Will I be standing tall and healthy or will I be crossing to the other side, leaving behind nothing but memories and an urn of ashes. I want to believe that the lightening is the portal to a bright and beautiful future, but therein lies the unknown. The dark clouds block the way.

So I will perservere through the storm. Though the rain may soak my spirit and the thunder may mar my way, I'll count on the light brightening the horizon that there will be a clearing in the future that I will walk boldly through and continue my life and my love. My friends cheering me on.