Thursday, September 2, 2010

Small Improvements

I woke up today to a cool morning surrounded and warmed by my faithful dogs. They never leave my side, especially my Kyra. She is there in the nighttime when I fall asleep and there when I awake in the morning. Faithful by my side, watching over me. She looks at me with those big beautiful brown eyes, full of love and caring and I know she would die for me. Whatever it takes, Kyra would go to any lengths to care for and protect me. Dogs are wonderful creatures. I can’t imagine my life without them. Sophie is turning from a puppy into a wonderful dog. She still has her puppy moments, chewing up stuff, digging holes, but she loves her people and is loyal and loving.

I woke up this morning feeling mildly better and praised God for small miracles. The indigestion is subsiding ever so slightly, but I’ll take any improvement I can muster. I am still awful tired and can easily sleep 10-12 hours at a stretch. The headaches just continue. But I enjoy every moment I can, sitting on my beautiful back patio, enjoying the sunshine and the cool breeze. I still can’t get over the beauty of the yard and how much I take pleasure in it. I mean, I have always enjoyed my yard, its one of the main reasons that I bought this house, but the enjoyment has increased exponentially because it is filled with the love of my friends and my family.

I got to take the dogs for a short walk today and I can feel the taste of fall on the breeze. As it caressed my skin I smiled thinking of the colors soon to come, the cool nights and mornings, the brilliant harvest moon. I hope I have the energy to plant some fall bulbs to enjoy after the dark and cold winter. The walk felt nice, although I tired easy. The dogs ran free and had a wonderful time, and I enjoyed watching them be free.

I hear it will heat up again soon, a little more summer before the coming of the fall. Enjoy the sunshine.