Sunday, September 12, 2010

Plugging Along

I feel like I do nothing but complain these days, but that is just what is going on with my body right now. I am weary of this constant head pain, nausea and overwhelming fatigue. I want to be able to play with my grandson and do yard work and eat hot green chili. I want to be able to write and read with the ease of a competent adult. I am half way into the first half of round three, so the end has to be coming soon. I have the second half September 23 and then the following week they will be doing CT and MRI scans to see what the status of the cancer is; please God let it be gone.

I got to spend a little time with Jessie today which was incredibly enjoyable. He is so loving and careful with me. He knows his nana is sick so he treats me so gentle. He asks me “you okay nana?” and hugs and cuddles with me. It is beautiful. It is a reason to keep persevering through this nightmare that has become my life. I tire so easy that I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with him, but enough to put a sparkle in my day and a smile in my heart.

Mom is recovering well from her surgery. She is the toughest woman I know. She and dad are flying down to Denver this week to see my brother and his wife and their two kids who are in Denver visiting. Well, Jason is visiting, Andrew recently moved back to Denver to be with his girlfriend. There is always a girl in the picture!! Bill and Rhonda just bought a new house so my parents are really excited. They invited me to go, but I am done traveling for awhile. It is just too hard on my body. So I’ll stay home and Peyton and I will take care of the dogs.

Off to nap. Hopefully when I wake up my stomach will feel better, my head won’t hurt anymore and I’ll just plain feel better. I can only hope.