Friday, March 26, 2010

Prayers Answered!

Well the good news just keeps on coming. I contacted a friend of mine at Lourdes to see if they had any isotopes to do bone scans and less than two hours later I was sitting in nuclear medicine getting an injection of Tech-99 for my bone scan! Mike and I looked at the scan when it was done and all we could see were four of the original lesions, our untrained eyes could find no additional lesions! Now, it needs to be read by the radiologist, but best we can tell, the cancer has not spread any further in my bones. I will breathe completely when I get the final result from the radiologist, but I’m feeling pretty hopeful. I don’t know if those original spots will ever go away completely, so that is one of our questions…do I have to continue with chemo until the lesions are completely gone. God, I hope not.

I am slowly starting to feel better, but it is a gradual and arduous process. Some days I wonder if I’ll ever feel good again, but I know that the end is in sight. I am definitely not rebounding very quickly between treatments, I continue to feel just crummy, weak, nauseous and achy. I try to get up and around a do a few things, but find after the most minor tasks I am completely exhausted. I just cleaned up my kitchen and the simple tasks of emptying the dishwasher and washing a few dishes left me sweating and out of breath. I had to sit down to rest and catch my breath. It’s awful. I am hoping that once this is all done I will rebound quickly, but I have the sneaking suspicion that it will take me awhile to get my strength back. And I will have to be patient with myself. By the time this is all done (if April 1st is my last treatment) I will have been in treatment for 10 months. That is a hard road to walk and it will take a while for me to recover. So, when I get frustrated, remind me to be patient with this body that has been through so much and has triumphed.

I will continue to let my body rest for the weekend, no big plans. Mike and I are going to try to go to Camerata tomorrow night at Battelle, always a great concert. Other than that, I’m going to take it easy and get ready for this upcoming next round. I am praying that it is my last round of Ixempra. I really hate this chemo. But, God willing, there is an end in sight.