Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sleeping

Day four and still kicking.

Ok, maybe not kicking, but I am slowing moving from one piece of furniture to the other. This round has left me exhausted. All I want to do is sleep and so that is what I have been doing, sleeping.

Friday I felt okay, just a little tired but was able to get around pretty easily. Yesterday the exhaustion set in, I went to bed and that is where I have stayed ever since. I slept almost the entire day yesterday and all night last night. I am forcing myself to stay awake now, even though I am completely ready to go back to sleep again. I figure I need to stay up at least long enough to get my shot, then I can go back to bed.

The achiness and flu-like symptoms have been pretty constant. I wake up regularly to take my pain medications to stay on top of the pain. If it gets ahead of me, I’m going to have a hard time catching back up. I am on the anti-nausea patch but have still had quite a lot of breakthrough nausea that requires me to take medication. Then I get too much anti-nausea medication and it gives me a headache. So, be nauseas or have a headache? Quite a choice.

This round feels different than the previous. I don’t feel as sick, but am completely, overwhelmingly, exhausted. I don’t have the energy to do anything. The effort it takes to do this blog is almost more than I can handle. All I want to do is go back to bed and sleep the day away.

So I think I will.