Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Now we wait.

Well, now I just wait. All my scans are completed and I say my prayers that I hear those two words that I long to hear with all my heart and soul…All Clear.

As you know I had my bone scan last week, I haven’t picked up the results from that scan yet, but I believe that the results will be positive. Today I set my alarm for 8am so that I could start drinking that lovely berry flavored contrast liquid. So from 8-10:30 I prepared for the CT scan that will help decide my future.

Last night was a late night, I got home about 9:30 from work, the meeting went well and I enjoyed being there and seeing everyone. I had blood work yesterday and despite my high white and ANC counts last week, they have fallen drastically and I am neutropenic again, so I had to get a shot of neupogen after I got home. The neupogen really takes its toll on my body and I get so incredibly achy. So in addition to being up late, I had to get a shot and then start with my contrast this morning. I woke up feeling pretty puny and this morning was fairly rough but by this afternoon I had enough medication in me that I started feeling a little bit better.

I plan on working a few hours tomorrow to get ready for the next few weeks off. The last few rounds I planned on taking just the week after chemo off, but the way I have been feeling and the impact that this chemo has on me for many weeks following, I am going to play working the second week after chemo by ear and only go in if I absolutely feel like my body can handle it. Last week I worked two days in a row and ended up sick for three days and that is just not worth it. I’m better off to stay home and get healthy. Especially since this is possibly my last chemo…well…I want to do all I can to start healing!!!

So pray for all clear. That is all I want. Please God, grant me my fervent prayer.