Sunday, March 7, 2010

Prom is Coming!

I think I overdid it yesterday, because I am exhausted today, but I had a wonderful day with my daughter.

We started with lunch at Applebees when she got off work at noon and then drove to Sunnyside to Fashion Corner to look at prom dresses. Can you believe it, it’s almost prom season. We are so excited, her Senior Prom, last big dance, the big hurrah. Grandpa had volunteered to buy her dress, so she was on a mission to find the most gorgeous dress she could discover. And gorgeous she did find! They had it in blue but not in this purple color, so we had to order it in and it should be here in a few weeks. So then we’ll go back to Sunnyside for a few alterations and then back again to pick it up. But it was totally worth it! The shoes she picked are absolutely fabulous and I was looking for a picture on the internet and can’t find them and can’t get a good picture to share here, so I’ll attempt to describe. Silver. 3 in heels. Rhinestones across the toes up the center and around to the sides of the ankle. Gorgeous. She is going to look amazing.

We had such a great time, me, Peyton and Grandma. On our way home we stopped at JoAnns to buy some more scarf fabric and Peyton wanted some fleece to make a blanket for Jessie with Grandma’s assistance. After dropping Grandma off, Peyton and I went and got pedicures (our toes look fabulous) and then out to dinner.

It was a full day. But I was so grateful that I had the energy to make it through. By 9pm last night I was done for, in bed, sound asleep. And I slept very late this morning and am feeling pretty tired today. Perhaps I did too much on my first day of feeling well, but I don’t care. It is precious time with my lovely daughter. Time that I will always treasure.

Time is the most wonderful of gifts that we can give each other; that we can share. Every moment that I spend with those I love is a moment that should be cherished above all. I am grateful for each and every one I have.