Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another Rough Day

Day six of this new chemo and I am not seeing a remarkable improvement. This chemo simply makes me so sick. It is 3:30 in the afternoon and I just got out of bed. I have been unable to bring myself to get up all day. My stomach is so upset, the aches and pains are overwhelming, the chills come and go, keeping me firmly ensconced under that electric blanket. When I try to get up and get around, the chills set in and send me rushing back to the warmth of the blanket.

I spoke with Michelle today and this reaction is to be expected. She’s unsure how much of it is the chemo versus the Zomeda and the Neulasta. Together, they all have the potential for some pretty awful side effects. She said to expect another 3-4 days of feeling this way. We are trying me on another anti-nausea med, which so far seems promising. I just had a piece of bread and some jello, and so far so good. That is a good sign.

Wendy has been amazing. Today is not a great day to have my job. There are three board meetings followed by a big dinner tonight for 110 people. I have everything ready for the dinner, she just has to go and set up, but still, its just one more thing. In all my years doing this, I have never missed this dinner. It is an important evening designed to honor the board members and members of MEC and to let them know how much we appreciate all they do to serve Kadlec. I sure wish I was there. I know...there is always next year.

Keep the prayers coming and I hope to be back to normal by sometime this weekend. Thanks for all your positive energy and thoughts; it means the world to me. Special thanks to Chipper Kay for the lovely flowers in my yard and the writings of love on my windows. They really brightened me up!