Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Rotten 24 Hours

I have just had about the worst 24 hours since starting this cancer treatment. Even when I was in the hospital last month I wasn’t sick like I was last night. I was soooooo sick. It started in the afternoon with a little achiness and chills and then grew into full blown flu-like symptoms. All three drugs I was given cause flu-like symptoms, so to put all three of them together, it is just awful. I ached and shivered and prayed it would all pass. The chills finally broke about 6am.

I feel a small modicum better today, at least I am not shivering so bad that I am going to shake out of the bed, I only have the occasional bout of chills, but I ache terrible. There is not a muscle or bone or hair follicle on me that is not hurting. And on top of it all I am so tired. I spent most of the day in bed and then got up just long enough to watch a few episodes of Gilmore Girls. I figure if I can make it to 8pm, I’ve stayed up long enough. That is staying up late enough.

I am hoping that this will pass by Monday, I want to be able to go to work. I have a busy week and I have no idea how long this will last. The nadir (peak) of this chemo is 10 days, so I pray that I will not feel this awful for the next 10 days.

I am trying to buck up and just deal with it the best I can. Maybe tomorrow will be better. For now, I think I’ll take some more painkillers and go to bed. Ack. I hate chemo.