Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Getting Better Every Day!

Every day I feel like I might be getting back to my old self. I have more energy; I don’t tire quite as easily. I was hoping that the weight I have gained would come off a lot quicker than it has, but I have lost about 10 pounds, which is a start. I just keep praying that I don’t have to go back on steroids when I start chemo again. I hate those steroids. Hate the way they make me feel and I despise the way they make me gain weight. We will have to wait and see if the new chemo drug I’m going to be taking, Ixabepilone, causes an allergic reaction and to see which drug I’ll be keeping from before. If I keep the Gemzar, then I think I have to stay on the steroids, but I’m not positive. I guess we’ll wait and see!

I’ve been feeling so much better which has allowed me to spend more time with my grandson. What an incredible joy. I just can’t say it enough and there are no words to describe the feeling in my heart when he is around. He spent the night Friday night and we stayed up way too late, playing, watching movies and reading books. He slept with me and when he woke up in the morning he came over and cuddled up; I tell you it was pure nirvana. I can’t imagine a more perfect moment than that little boy dozing all snuggled up in my arms. As soon as I asked if he wanted to get up, it was like a little jumping bean, up and out the door, ready for another round of play. I am going to have him over again on Saturday night, one more time before that chemo starts and I don’t have the energy to keep him for the night.

I plug along at work; Wendy is carrying most of the weight now and is doing a great job keeping everything in line. She is a gift from heaven. I can’t imagine someone more competent or more gracious and kind handling my job for me while I fight the fight. She never makes me feel like I’m no longer wanted or needed, or that I won’t be able to come back to my job someday. She has a heart of service, which is much needed in this job, and it shines through everyday.

Off to conquer the day. I’ll keep my chin up the best I can!