Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feeling Better...I Thought

When I first woke up this morning, I thought, wow, I’m back to normal. I did a quick assessment of my body and didn’t feel too achy, throat a little sore, but not bad, today was the day I felt back to normal. Yup. That’s what I thought.

Then I got up.

Not so back to normal after all. My entire body aches, just as it did yesterday and when I rethink the whole sore throat thing, it is actually sorer than yesterday, and in addition, my ears are plugged. Remember the old adage that when you weren’t feeling well your mother would tell you to get up and around, and soon you’d feel better? Not so true with chemo. I tried to get around this morning, picking up the kitchen, feeding the dogs, making coffee (yes, I’m going to try to drink coffee, yea!) and all I could think about was going back to bed. But I am so sick of being in bed! Bed is getting pretty old; I’ve spent the better part of the last week there. I think the nausea has pretty much subsided, at least so far. I don’t think I’d probably better take on a Mexican buffet, but for regular food, I’m thinking I’m okay.

My counts weren’t very good yesterday. Even with the neupogen every day my white counts are still only 1.0 and I am severely neutropenic. So I’m pretty well confined to my home. Mike is going by the cancer center today to pick up another supply of shots and he will give me shots every day for the next four days then we will check again on Monday.

I do have to admit, this round has not been near as bad as the last one. I am still miserable, but on a relative scale, not near as awful as last time. I’m absolutely sure I’m going to survive to do this all over again. Oh joy.