Monday, February 1, 2010

Pride.

“Anchors Aweigh my boys, anchors aweigh, farewell to college joys we sail at the break of day.”

That was the part of the suite of songs that were sung as we proudly honored my father and the other men and women who have served or are serving in our armed forces. Personally, I am so proud of our service men and women, it brings tears to my eyes to think of them. My good friend’s daughter, dear sweet Kami, is currently serving as a proud Marine and I pray for her safety everyday. It was a wonderful show yesterday, culminating in a revue of some of our countries most patriotic songs. It is amazing how the country was united back in the 1940’s, they all listened to the same music, danced to the same songs, were battling the same enemy. These days it seems the enemy is all among us and he wears various masks. We are a country divided not only among party lines, but by music and beliefs. The enemy is not just across the seas, but also the young man around the corner with a gun in his hands and drugs in his pocket. Our enemy is within our walls, and we better find a way to battle him, lest we all be lost.

The show warmed my heart and gave me hope that we again can unite our country. We will once again be a strong America. I am not sure how we are going to get there, and I have serious doubts about those currently in leadership, but I think the heart of the American people is strong and true, and we will overcome.

I keep feeling better and better. I have to be very careful what I eat. Not only do things continue to taste funny, but a lot of food does not agree with me very well. So I’m trying to stick with bland, easier to digest foods. I still get tired awful easy and want to sleep much later than I can. I find that at 7am when it is time to get up, my body is deep in sleep and is more than ready to continue her slumber!

I will get my blood tested today and we will know more about how this chemo is affecting me molecularly and what it is doing to my bone marrow. It is supposed to be hard on my white cells, but I noticed a weird bruise on my stomach yesterday and wondered if maybe my platelets aren’t going to be affected too. We will wait and see.

Off to get ready for work. Enjoy your day. It’s a day worth enjoying!