Monday, February 1, 2010

Update on my counts.

Just thought I’d post a quick update on my counts. Certainly not stellar, I was hoping that they would hold up a little bit better.

White Blood Count: 2.2 (normal 4.0-11.0)
Hemoglobin: 11.1 (normal 11.6-15.5)
Hematocrit: 32.9 (normal 35.0-46.0)
Platelets: 25.0 (normal 150-400)
ANC: .09 (normal 1.5-8.0)

Of biggest concern is the white blood count, the ANC and the platelets. But for right now we will just wait and let them rebound on their own, unless they get worse. I have an appointment with Dr. Rado on Friday so we’ll check the counts again then. In the meantime I have to be careful to reduce or eliminate my exposure to people with any communicable disease (colds, flus, etc). With low platelets I want to be careful not to cut myself or hit anything hard (such as my head or a fall down the stairs). So I want to make sure not to be a klutz!

I was hoping this chemo would not be quite as hard on my platelets, but I guess I couldn't be that lucky. Glad I have a long rest period between my chemos this time.

So I will rest, watch my company and be careful!