Sunday, February 28, 2010

Go USA!

GO USA!!!

These last few weeks of being ill I have become quite the Olympics junkie. Since I don’t have the energy to do much else, I lie about and watch the Olympics all day. I have found the determination it takes to do cross country, the insanity of the half pipe and the beauty of curling. (Okay, maybe not the last one). And today, on the final day of the Olympics, the United States is going to take on Canada in Canada’s game…hockey. I can’t wait. We are having a party at mom’s house complete with superbowl worthy snacks. I don’t care if I am sick and nauseous. I’ll take extra pills; I want to enjoy the day.

Truly the beauty of this is, either way it goes, I’m okay. I want the USA to win, oh yeah, of course, go USA!! But…I also know what hockey means to the Canadian people. It is like a religion to them. So, if we get the silver and they get the gold, that’s okay too. But…I really want us to get the gold!!!

I am still working to find the balance of medications that allow me to function freely without grogginess or pain, and I actually had a few hours last night where I ate and it didn’t make me sick and I felt ok. Not great but ok. The feeling is gone and I’m back to my achy queasy self this morning, but I am writing down everything I take and when so that when I hit that perfect moment again, I can see exactly what combination of medications I took and at what time intervals so I can recreate it. I just know if I could feel better, I would look at the world through a clearer lens. Being sick takes its toll on ones attitude and fogs your vision.

Not to mention it was sun shiny yesterday and it looks as it is going to be another sun shiny day today. A little vitamin d from the sun goes a long way.

So I am focusing on the positive (Go USA) and working to find a balance again, which I just know I can, and enjoying the sunshine. It’s going to be a great day. Somehow, I’m going to make it a great day.