Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Little About Tapteal

As always, Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumble put on an excellent show. Not only was the music great but they were on their game filled with their one of a kind humor and wit as well as their dedication to a great cause. The night benefitted the Tapteal Greenway Association and if you are local and are not aware of what this non-profit does, you should really check them out at www.tapteal.org. They are responsible for preserving a lot of our open spaces and creating a trail system that encompasses all of the Tri-Cities with goals of connecting into West Richland and Benton City. I am a huge fan of Tapteal for their work down at Amon Creek Basin, which is only a few blocks from my house. Thanks to their efforts they have saved over 100 acres in the Amon Basin as a natural preserve and are now working to save another 125 from residential development that will encroach on the natural wilderness. This is the area where I walk my dogs and I would love to see it saved from future development. Tapteal is committed to preserving open spaces all around the area, saving it for future generations. Who couldn’t support that?! If you aren’t aware of what they do, check them out and I encourage you to get involved. Mike and I have gone on one of their workdays, and it was very rewarding. I plan on continued involvement as soon as my health allows!

I’m feeling better today than yesterday, so every day seems to be an improvement. I felt tired and achy yesterday, sort of weak, and today is a little better. I still woke up with my legs aching at about 4am so I had to take a pain pill in the middle of the night and again this morning, but the pills are managing the discomfort and keeping me going. The nausea is completely gone and my appetite is back and I’m ready for some superbowl munchies!!

Mike and I are planning on stopping by a friend’s house today where they are having a superbowl/retirement party for Dr. Bob Margulies. Bob has been a great friend of mine throughout the years and I look forward to seeing him. I am sad he is leaving our hospital but know he is going to continue to stay involved in the community through Camp Patriot and his work with disaster planning. He is a gem in this community, I’m glad he is staying around town! Then we will stop by my parents house to visit and rumor has it that mom is making sausage balls. I can’t miss that! Then I will get home in plenty of time to get ready for the week of working. I don’t really care about the superbowl or who wins. I am pulling for the Saints, just because I think New Orleans needs something good to happen to them. But mostly, I’m there to enjoy the company of my friends and family and watch the commercials.

I’m getting really excited about the upcoming trip to the coast. We are planning on going to Cannon Beach for pizza and then to the Coaster’s Theatre on Saturday night, which is always a great little show. Sunday night there is a romantic dinner at the Arch Cape Inn where we are staying. Somewhere during the weekend we will drive down to Oceanside and have lunch at our favorite little sandwich shop on the beach, Brewin in the Wind. Sometime we will hit Manzanita, which I love, but mostly just enjoy each others company. Mike and I don’t get enough alone time, between his busy schedule and my home, work and health, so I am looking forward to this uninterrupted time of just the two of us. If I don’t come back on Monday night…well you’ll know where I am…I just couldn’t leave!!

Enjoy the day, cherish the time with friends and family. Who cares who wins, its all about the journey anyway.