Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sad Updates.

The eye is the same. Looks sort of creepy. As the nurse said, it’s a good thing that the vessels on both sides of the iris didn’t break or I’d look like one of those vampires out of a twilight saga. So, that’s the bright side.

We received some bad news this weekend, and the week continues to be challenging. On Sunday my mother talked to her twin sister and she is having some significant health problems. She has blood clots in her legs, that they are dealing with, but whats more terrifying is that she has a mass on one of her ovaries and something that looks suspiciously like cancer in the lining of her stomach. They have drained a bunch of fluid out of her abdomen and run some tests which she should get the results of within the next few days. We are praying for a good turnout. That’s all we can do.

Any of you who saw my mom this weekend knows that she is struggling with some significant discomfort on her left side. Mines the right side, so I guess together we could make a whole person!! Anyway, she fell a couple of weeks ago when she was walking the dogs, but it has just been getting progressively worse as time has progressed until she is now at the point where she is in considerable pain. She saw her primary care physician today and they found a palpable mass in her leg below where her knee replacement is, and thought she had a blood clot. She ended up at Kadlec today and they did an ultrasound and determined that it is NOT a clot, which is good news. But, they don’t know what it is! She has an appointment with her orthopedic surgeon at 8am in the morning, so we should know a lot more by midday tomorrow. At least I hope so.

I worry the stress that I am putting on the family is taking its toll on their health. Peytons feet have been bothering her again after all these years. I think that when you are under an incredible amount of stress, the weakest part of your body gets the bulk of the pressure. Physical symptoms manifest themselves in strange ways, closeted illness come alive. I want to make it clear that I’m not taking blame for any of these health problems, I certainly can’t take responsibility for anyone but myself, but I do wonder the impact that the stress of my disease is having on those around me who love and care for me.

So we are taking it one day at a time and doing the best we can to ensure that everyone gets the right treatment at the best time and that the lines of communication and prayer continue to be open. We are family, we can do this. We will do this together. We will follow the path and see where the journey leads. The twists and turns are certainly unpredictable, but it is a trail that will be wrought with tears of sorrow and joy, and we will persevere.

We did get some great news today. Shoe worthy news. Peyton took her assessment test for CBC and she tested into college level everything, math, reading and English, but most specifically tested into second level college math. That is a pretty big deal considering that she is NOT a math whiz. But she was smart and took four years of continuous math which I believe has made the difference in her ability to process college math. I am super proud of her. She may have received a nice pair of shoes in return for her good work…maybe…Okay…She did…Definitely a shoe worthy occurrence!! It was awesome.

Well, I’ll keep you posted at the path progresses. I pray for full and painfree recovery. I pray for strength. I pray for God to touch each of our lives in a supernatural way so that we may know His perfect peace and His perfect love for us and our lives. That is the best prayer I can have. Make this time the best time we have. Make us light in this world. Help us to brighten each day.