Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back on the patio!

Sitting on the patio. Oh, what a beautiful morning...oh what a beautiful day...oh what a beautiful feeling...everythings going my way! (think quick, what musical is that from??)

The birds are singing, the air is warm, the fountain is, well, founting. As much as I was sad to leave yesterday, its always good to be home. The animals definitely missed us and Kyra slept right up against me all night, probably to make sure I didn't leave again! Betsy (new kitty) drove Houston nuts while we were gone and is glad to have her Sophie (new puppy) back to play with and her family here to terrorize! Sophie was so happy to see Peyton and when they went upstairs at bedtime, she went straight to her crate to go to sleep. She is glad to have her home back too! I am sure grateful for those people (Houston, Alyssa and Joey) who took care of my precious animals while I was gone, it makes it hard to leave sometimes when you have pets, but if you know they are in good care, its makes it much easier.

The ride home was long but uneventful. We stopped briefly at the factory outlets in Lincoln City, but didn't stay long, which I know is a travesty to not take the time to shop, but we had Mike and Gpa with us, neither of which are shoppers. Not to mention, I really didn't have the cash to spend. I did get Peyton a pair of jeans at Hollister for school and she bought herself some shirts and stuff. Gma and I hit the Coach outlet and the prices were so great that she just couldn't resist and she got me and Peyton the CUTEST pink coach purses! OMG! So, I was pretty excited about that. So today for chemo, I'll wear my new purple Charles David shoes from Nordstroms and my take my new pink Coach purse. I'll be totally styling! A real Coach purse, not the imitation! I am so excited!

Today, God willing, is chemo day. I am feeling pretty good, so I am confident that my counts have adequately rebounded and I can stay on track. I'll have this dose today, then next week is my down week where I just feel crappy and try to recover, and the week after I'll have another CT to see how well the chemo is working. That week "off" is sort of a quandary for me. I'm not taking chemo but the chemo is working mightily in my system and I'm sicker that week than I am the two weeks before. I don't know if I've explained the "nadir" before, but that is the high point of chemo, the point where it peaks in your system and the affects are the worst. The chemo I'm on has a 7-10 day nadir. So 7-10 days after the dose is when I have the high point of the effects, so 7-10 days after my second dose, the chemo is rockin and rollin and my blood counts are at their worst. Funny, eh? You'd think you'd feel better on your week off, but no such luck.

I understand that it is heating up in the Tri-cities, so I do not think I will be embarking on any outside activities today once I leave my deck this morning. I heard that there are a few beautiful bouquets of flowers at my office that I need to pick up, so I'll probably stop by there this afternoon. Peyton has her final follow up with Dr. Schwartz on her tonsils, so I'll have her come with me to 1) help carry flowers and 2) keep me from working! Anything I need done, I can do from home, so I'll work from home today and a little tomorrow. The email is pretty overwhelming right now after ignoring it at the coast.

It was so hard to say goodbye to my family, and I promised I wouldn't cry, but Rhonda and I couldn't help it. We are wimps when it comes to goodbyes and the tears just flowed. I know I'll see them all again, but the time was so short and passed so quickly, it just broke my heart to say goodbye. I said this before, but when I am with them, I realize how much I miss them.

Enjoy the summertime, the heat is back, but fall is just around the corner.

Hugs, love, joy, peace and love.
Patty