Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday Update

I can't wait for tomorrow. I get to wear my new shoes! Woo Hoo!! Its gonna be a banner day! The perfect shoes with the perfect suit, hallelujah! Seraphim and cherubim are singing in great anticipation.

I have to admit I have had a rough 24 hours. For some reason the steroids are making me swell and I look like I've had dental surgery. It is sort of amusing to see people's faces when they walk in my office and see me and are not sure what to say. "A little swollen" seems to be the statement I get the most. I get it. I look funny. Its okay. Laugh with me. This too shall pass. This is the price I pay to not get the 1:100,000 rash, so I guess I'll take a little swollen jaw over a hideous rash! I have also developed some fairly severe joint pain, which made for a very long night. They are going to try me on some celebrex prophylacticly to mitigate the pain before it happens tonight, so hopefully have a more restful night. I have to start early tomorrow with a Board meeting, with fabulous shoes, so I'll try to sleep early and stay asleep! Say your prayers!

In the meantime Mitra is running some labwork to determine if my counts have dropped and see what we can do to make sure I get to go to San Francisco this weekend. I swear I've had every unusual reaction that is possible to have with my chemo, so who knows what will happen next. I'll just hold on to my hat and let you know. Off to get ready for bed, I just KNOW its going to be a great sleeping night. Nighty night. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz