Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tough Enough to Wear Pink???

Another week almost gone by. Its my day at home, rest, relaxation, rejuvenation... Ok, maybe I'm not so good at the 3 R's. There is always so much to do, how did I ever work full time?! I'm joking, of course, there is truly nothing that has to be done and I plan on staying pretty low today. I have to go get my blood work done so we can see how my counts are and I would venture to say they are pretty low, based on how I feel. I am wiped out this week. Just no energy at all. It really bothers me too, I really want to be my old self. I have to decorate the tram for the Tough Enough to Wear Pink night at the rodeo and am meeting a friend at 2:30 at Let's Party to pick up a ton of balloons for the tram. I am still not sure how we are going to get all of them over there... I wanted each survivor to have a pink balloon to release into the air, so there are alot of balloons! Survivors are going to be honored at the rodeo tonight at 7pm, so I'll be going over to the fair at 6pm to coordinate the survivors and get them on the tram for the opening of the rodeo. In years past I have given out prize money, but my boss is going to do that honor this year! I don't think he'll enjoy the cowboys near as much as me. Boy those cowboys are cute and sweet and I don't think he's going to appreciate their wrangler jeans as much as I do! Since I don't have to stay and hand out prize money, I'll probably hang out at the rodeo for awhile and then go see the exhibits and the bunnies (ya gotta see the bunnies!) and then make it an early night. I truly don't have the energy for much more anyway. That and have a funnel cake. I have to have a funnel cake. I don't care how many fat or calories!

Dave and Susan Wood were kind enough to hire Merry Maids to clean my house yesterday and wow, is that nice. I could get used to that! I had a gift certificate from my friends in physician recruiting a few weeks ago and had the house cleaned when I was at the coast and I came home to a sparkling house. Last night I worked late and when I came home, the floors and furniture were just shining! It is a pretty awesome gift. I was looking at my hard wood floors just a few days ago and thinking, wow, they really need cleaned. And now, they are perfect. So, I can take that time and energy that I would have put into cleaning and put it into healing. What a gift.

I can't say how much I appreciate all the nice things that people do for me! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am one lucky lady. I have such an awesome group of people who love and care for me, I am truly humbled by all the cards, gifts, flowers, food, cleaning, phone calls, emails... the list just goes on and on. People are so nice, and someday I'm going to pay this all forward. I'll take care of the next person and they can take care of the next and so on and so on. I think that is what God intended us to do, to take care of each other. So just remember whenever you do something nice for me or anyone else, we can pay it forward to the next person. That way the gift keeps on giving over and over and over. That act of kindness spins out there into the universe and keeps helping people.

Tomorrow is my CT Scan. With Contrast. So I have to be up at 8am to start drinking this contrast stuff, gross. And I think they are doing iodine too, so its a double whammy. I didn't like the iodine last time either, it burns and makes you feel funny. But, that's what they gotta do to get the best images, so oh well. I just want to know that this cancer is GONE. I have already talked to Dr. Iuliano and he said I could stop by after my scan to get a preliminary read. Not the final "official" read, but at least a preliminary to see how it is going. I am confident that it will be better than the last scan. My symptoms are better, so that has to be a good sign!

If you are at the fair tonight, stop by and honor breast cancer survivors at the rodeo at 7pm. If you are a survivor - meet me at 6:30 outside the rodeo grounds and ride with me! Lets raise some money and inspire hope! Are you Tough Enough to Wear Pink??? I know I am!