Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Best Friends

Best Friends. That is the puppy and the kitty. Its pretty amazing. Alike, but different. Isn't that like the rest of us, we are different but so alike. I love to watch Sophie play with Betsy. Sophie is up to almost 20 pounds and Betsy might be 2 pounds soaking wet. But they love each other, they play together, they share their day and their lives. Aren't we so like that? Alike but different, sharing our days and our perspectives even though they can be totally differing.
I remember as a kid wanting a "best friend". Other girls had best friends, I wanted one so bad. But through my life, that best friend status came and went, waxed and waned through various relationships. And when I look back now through my life I see we have friends for different reason and different seasons. There is the friend that is ready to hold your hand when you cry. She wants to love you and commiserate with you in your sadness. Then there is the friend that wants to plot the revenge on that lazy bum who hurt you. There is the friend who wants to just wipe it all under the carpet and go buy new shoes for you and the friend who wants to talk about it to all hours of the night. And they are all best friends. Every one of them serves a need, a purpose. For who knows what might really be best at that moment in time. Each one is a treasure and a gift. Girlfriends, there is nothing more precious. I think of my life right now and depending on what I need, I have someone to call. And I know they would be there for me. Its amazing. I have to be one of the most blessed people on the face of the earth. I have so many girlfriends. Think of your friends. Make sure they know they are loved and treasured. What a value they are in your life, what a part they play in your story.
As far as an update on ME, cuz it is all about me, right? I'm doing okay. I am super duper tired. Like I have headed into the exhaustion stage. Just writing this seems to be taking more energy than my little brain can handle. They are going to do a injection to boost my red count tomorrow, which I hope helps give me back some of my energy. My blood work shows I'm getting pretty anemic, so I'm looking forward to the shot! I am home for the next few days and won't be doing much of anything other than resting. I am still pretty puffy and when I looked in the mirror yesterday I reminded myself of an oompa loompa. Really round face. It looks funny on me. But its better than the alternative of the rash, so I guess just call me oompa. Or loompa. Either is fine.
As I sit here on my patio it is starting as a perfect day. The weather is mild, the flowers are blooming. My ninja gardener has been here again and I keep finding little trinkets she leaves behind. Last week it was doves, today its Cinderella. It just really makes me smile! I have a good book and a good cuppa coffee and I have saved myself a piece of my killer coffee cake to enjoy. Its gonna be a great day!