Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So far, a perfect day

So far, its a perfect day. The sun is shining and there is very little wind. Mike and I went for a walk down the beach and it was wonderful. The section of beach that we are on is very deserted, mostly private with very little public access. There is Seal Rock State Park about 2 miles away which seems to have the only public access. Otherwise, there are stairs about every 10 houses or so that is all private locked access for those houses. Mike and I have decided we could definitely live here! We might see a dozen people on the whole section of beach in the middle of the day. This morning, we saw 2 people on our whole hour walk. Awesome.

I was exhausted all day yesterday, and ended up sleeping alot. I am feeling much better today and am hoping to be able to spend alot more time with the family. We are going to head south today, to Haceta Head Lighthouse and Devil's Churn and pack a picnic lunch. If the weather holds, we are going to do a bonfire on the beach later and maybe make hot dogs and smores! I woke the girls up already to give them plenty of time to get ready, I have no idea why they would have to beautify before heading out to the beach, but hey, they are 17. Go figure.

It has gone quickly, this trip to the beach. Its hard to believe that we have to leave tomorrow already. I could just stay here forever. Everytime I come to the Oregon Coast it renews my dream to live here with Mike someday. I would be perfectly content to buy a little tiny house as long as its on the beach and spend the rest of my days enjoying the surf. Just watching those waves come in and out, the surf spray, the birds flying on the trade winds. To me, this is the most perfect place in the world.