Monday, August 10, 2009

Hello from Foggy San Francisco!

Hello from Sunny San Francisco!! Well, it was sunny and gorgeous until tonight, when it got foggy and cold! I finally got to go to the Golden Gate, and it was all fogged in! Oh well, I got to see tons of other stuff including the mansions on Nob Hill, Haight Asbury, Mission, The Presidio. I had to admit I've been a little tired, probably overdoing it, but who cares, its worth it. I've had an awesome trip! Shopping, touristing, friends, laughter, education. The whole deal. It was weird crazy, though, I did these ying/yang stones at the Buddhist temple last night where you ask a question and drop them and how they land gives you your answer. Anyway, the tour guide, being a superstitious Chinese, wouldn't let us ask any serious questions, so I asked if the weather would be nice for our trolley tour tonight and the stones told me "no". So today, it was gorgeous and sunny and about 80 degrees, so Sharon and I were like, the stones were so wrong, its absolutely beautiful here today! Then we left for our tour and it was still nice, and then we are headed for the Golden Gate and we hear the fog horns, and the wind picks up and... well you know the rest of the story. It was cold and foggy the rest of the night! Sorta weird!!

Tomorrow is travel day and then its back to reality on Wednesday. I have an appointment in the morning with the doc to check up on my labs and whatnot, then work will be crazy crazy trying to get everything done before I have chemo on Thursday. I leave for the coast on Sunday and will not be at work at all next week, so I'll have alot to do. I can't wait for my trip to the coast with my family. Its going to be so nice to have all of us together!

So, thanks for the prayers and the wishes of luck. Because of all of you pulling and praying for me, I got to make this trip. Its been a wonderful few days. I'm ready to get home and see my family and those I love, but its been fun to be here and see the sights. There is so much beauty and wonderment in this world. All the different people and cultures and sights, sounds, smells. What a gift it is to get to see new places. I am grateful for every moment of this trip!

God Bless, pray for safe travels home.